View Single Post
Old 23.09.2020, 23:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,114 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Disclosing medical condition to work

I also had/have a condition where it's sometimes difficult to get into the office early and it is difficult to get people to understand. The 'early birds' sneer when you arrive. There probably would be little confidentiality even if your manager says it will be but you decide how much to say. If people know the reason they might be more sensitive to you. Or they might not. Start with a vague explanation like you suggested, that you're seeking help and explain that it doesn't reflect your attitude to work.

I don't know if it's feasible but could you get up an hour earlier to give yourself a buffer?

I guess you've only just seen a doctor. I coincidentally saw one today and they set up all investigatory tests but I have just crossed into the 50+ group.
While you're waiting you could try a change in diet but you say you've had this condition for a long time already.