View Single Post
Old 24.09.2020, 12:30
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
FlyingSunny has no particular reputation at present
Permit B renewal after it expires for non EU

I spent some time trying to find the relevant information in this forum and couldn't find (pls let me know if any). I contacted the company that my husband's employer hired to help us relocate to Switzerland. They don't seem to have seen such a case as mine.

Does anyone know what will happen if I go to the authority and renew my permit B after it expires?

Both of us are US citizens and moved to Crissier, Vaud in November 2019. Our B permits are expiring in a few months (have not received a renewal notification, though). My husband is the primary permit B holder and I am a family reunion permit B holder. I am stalled trying to sell our house in the US, which is estimated to take another couple of months per my realtor.

I guess my husband can apply for his renewal without any issues - but now I would like to make an informed decision on my permit as I am planning on getting a job with the permit in Switzerland once all is clear in the US.

I would go back to Switzerland and come back to US if there were not health risks and quarantine requirements.

Thank you for your advice in advance!