View Single Post
Old 25.09.2020, 13:05
AndersonMD AndersonMD is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pully
Posts: 97
Groaned at 21 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 47 Times in 27 Posts
AndersonMD is considered knowledgeableAndersonMD is considered knowledgeableAndersonMD is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU B permit - contract ending soon

You can get chomage if you are granted a permit to work, but you are not entitled to a permit to work without a job (or even with a job).

You will probably be denied a work permit for a 20% job, this is not seen as enough to survive on.

If you recently graduated from a Swiss university, you can get a 6 month job seekers permit, otherwise I think you just have to leave the country.

Your B permit is tied to your job as a non-EU, when your job is finished you are typically expected to leave the country and have no right to stay and look for new jobs.
Reply With Quote