View Single Post
Old 25.09.2020, 13:48
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 92 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 1,984 Times in 869 Posts
My2pups has a reputation beyond reputeMy2pups has a reputation beyond reputeMy2pups has a reputation beyond reputeMy2pups has a reputation beyond reputeMy2pups has a reputation beyond reputeMy2pups has a reputation beyond repute
Re: iPad for MacBook

I have had iPads since the 1st Gen as well as wireless keyboards. I still prefer the form factor of my MBP, as I often work with the MBP balanced on my knee(s). With the iPad, I could put the wireless keyboard on my knee(s) but then the iPad off to the left or right? Doesn't work for me. Granted, my work style might be unique and much different than yours.
From a functional POV, I never really got comfortable with using a lot of the iPad shortcuts for cut and paste, for instance, so I fumble around a bit when using iPad. But that is my personal shortcoming; nothing to do with the device, itself.
Storage is an issue, as well. I have a 1TB SSD in my MBP and 8GB of RAM. Not sure if iPad Pro is capable of that at a reasonable price point. I am still using my trusty 2015 MBP because it is the last model where you CAN add SSD/RAM/Battery. I will stick with it as long as possible.
Good luck!