View Single Post
Old 28.09.2020, 09:19
AndersonMD AndersonMD is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pully
Posts: 96
Groaned at 21 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
AndersonMD is considered knowledgeableAndersonMD is considered knowledgeableAndersonMD is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU B permit - contract ending soon

View Post
This sounds like it will be fun! And, yes, 3 years of continuous employment here while paying into unemployment insurance. The 20% is all they can offer... also, there is a joint income into the household.

The real question, here, is that if partial chomage will be an option since it's a change in contract (same employer, even same department) with a new b-permit attached to that contract. This is not a reduction in hours, this is a new job.

The intention, here, is to obviously find a supplementary job but this might not be instant. I guess we will see.
From this message it seems like you live with a partner? If so, you could probably get a family regroupement permit with the right to work. In this case, chomage would pay out for both the month you aren't working and 70% of the difference in your income between your 80% and 20% contracts.

I don't think you will be offered your own B permit to continue at a 20% job.
Reply With Quote