View Single Post
Old 29.09.2020, 11:25
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,104 Times in 793 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early repayment of Libor Mortgage...

Quote:
View Post
Exactly.

The 1,5% pa compensation comes from the early repayment clause.

My wider points remain:

1). was it reasonable to charge from mid-Aug to end-Dec or should they have capped it at 90 days

2). was it reasonable to charge 1,5% when the interest rate was effectively 1,2%.

When my agreement was struck (2008), the effective interest rate was >3% so the compensation in the event of early repayment was priced at a discount to the effective rate. I have also read elsewhere that banks are not allowed to charge leaving customers negative interest...

Banks do have a propensity to whack exiting customers as it's their last chance to milk them, but I must say that I had a comparatively good experience with the bank with three-letter-name when the time came to withdraw ma savings/the equity from my house sale as they waived their default withdrawal charge as I had been a (relatively!) good paying customer over the preceding 20 years. ;-)

Here you can find information regarding negative interest payments
http://www.bankingombudsman.ch/meldu...schaedigungen/