View Single Post
Old 30.09.2020, 13:23
Banned

Groaned at 91 Times in 42 Posts
CodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
She was not my choice as a presidential candidate (Pete was my guy) but I had often been impressed by her as a Senator. I have become increasingly impressed with her since she joined the ticket - which I enthusiastically support. She is a good balance to Joe.

Obviously Joe was not my choice either - but as I see this country increasingly torn asunder, I have come to appreciate the middle-of-the-road selection. Disaffected Republicans will vote for Joe, where they likely could not for many of the other candidates. I only hope the progressive wing will vote blue rather than sit this one out.

Joe is a placeholder - but I think that may be what we need right now. We need someone from the middle whose primary mission is to pull us back from the brink by finding common ground again. We need a return to decency, civility, we need to return to a place where we can all agree on the fundamentals of our democracy and agree to live within that framework.

Once there, we can then go back to arguing about the details.
Is it 'Vote Biden, get Harris'?

Or if Biden steps down, there is another election?
Genuine question.
This user would like to thank CodPeace for this useful post: