View Single Post
Old 30.09.2020, 20:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 250 Times in 176 Posts
Thanked 8,999 Times in 3,401 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Of course, criticising Biden's performance is OK and fair in this forum.

But the reality is Trump is behind in the polls and needs to up his game to get more votes from outside his base.

Does anybody believe he achieved that in this debate and can point to his successful debating points?

Clearly, he is promoting division and encouraging his extreme supporters to violence in the future but none of that will reverse the election results (if they are against him) and confirm him as second term a president?
This is just my take on it, but I think that the debates just solidified and further validated something that most (sane) people already knew about Trump -- that he's a bully who completely lacks empathy and decency and that he refuses to lose the election no matter what the election results bring. I think the debate went pretty much exactly as I expected it to, with Trump desperately trying to dominate the entire debate and bully Biden and make himself appear as though he had "won" simply because he was the one that was being the asshole.
But of course, his supporters won't perceive it that way, and he knows that. After all, he once said: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
I wonder how that makes his supporters feel -- knowing that Trump admittedly thinks of them as his "blind sheep." But of course, they aren't willing to admit that either.
The following 3 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: