View Single Post
Old 02.10.2020, 13:52
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 84 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,448 Times in 8,242 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non EU B permit extension papers - Power of attorney

Quote:
View Post
Stuck due to quarantine for 3 weeks and then after that post covid test negative only I will be able to travel. So it will take 5 weeks to get everything clear
Your profile says you're Indian, so I assume you're there. I see two reasons why you'd be in quarantine:
1 - you have a positive test or have been exposed to someone with a positive test, or
2 - you have only recently arrived there

1 - If you're in quarantine since you're ill or have a positive test, make that clear to the Swiss authorities. Provide them proof of the test. Ask if they'd really like you to travel internationally right now and appear at the municipality in person.

2 - If you're in quarantine because you recently arrived, I've not seen any quarantines of 3 weeks. I've read from 7-14 days. There are exceptions/exemptions one can request if the person doesn't plan on staying very long in the country.

I've not read that a person needs a negative test in order to leave the country, although some airlines might request that.

I am not sure a power of attorney would work, unless it's already in place. POA have to be notarized in person. If you're truly in quarantine you should not be exposing anyone, not even a notary.

How much time do you have before the permit expires? Do you have an employer who might be able to intervene on your behalf?
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: