View Single Post
Old 02.10.2020, 13:59
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
eairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non EU B permit extension papers - Power of attorney

I am in the same situation. B Permit expires in January, am starting the renewal process now because once I am out of Swiss quarantine I am heading to UK for a while and coming back requires planning for further quarantine periods both here and there.

You may have to call them at least three times. My Swiss German colleague did it for me, and got conflicting answers each time.

The general outcome was you start the process at the local Gemeinde office, which has to be done in person. They will send the details to the Migrationsamt, who will give you an appointment to have your photo taken/other information collected. Obviously, this can only be done in person too. The new permit (now a plastic card type) will eventually be sent to you by registered post.

We were told the only bit you can do a POA for is the collecting of the registered letter.

Hence I also have to fit a further 4 weeks quarantine into the run up to Christmas.

It is annoying that it cannot be done remotely - but as I am asking them to renew my ability to live and work here, it sort of makes sense that I have to be physically here at the time.

Kind regards

Ian
The following 2 users would like to thank eairicbloodaxe for this useful post: