View Single Post
Old 02.10.2020, 18:27
qwertz qwertz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Zurigo
Posts: 294
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 200 Times in 115 Posts
qwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeable
Re: Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

View Post
Just a little update here. Since I like scrolling through laws, it seems that the Directives et commentaires on the applicability of student permits towards stay was updated mid 2019.

This makes it seem the 2 year requirement after graduation isn't really necessary, you can also get a permanent contract which makes your short term permit have the "character" of a long term permit.
By autorisation de courte durée in the text you quote they refer to an L working permit obtained from the federal quota (after successfully having gone through the non-EU hiring process), not a temporary study permit (séjour temporaire pour formation).

This line was added in 2019 to not penalize non-EU graduates of a Swiss higher education institution when requesting a C who had obtained a permanent working contract outside of university immediately after graduating, but were unlucky enough to find the quota for a working B permit had run out and were given an L instead (practice is to issue 2x L before issuing a B in case a B is not issued directly).
Reply With Quote