View Single Post
Old 03.10.2020, 12:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,216 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Renovation cost estimation

We paid CHF 37k for underfloor heating 2 years ago for 140m2. This was for a variant that was 5cm high and was after getting several quotes and negotiating. If we had wanted 2.5cm it was c. CHF 15k more.

For the flooring it‘s going to depend on which parquet you choose and from where. I‘ve seen it at over CHF 200/m2 at the high end and maybe CHF 80/m2 at the low end. Assuming you want solid wood. Laminates can be had for half that. These are pre-discount prices, but to get the discounts (20-30%) you need to be in the trade. It makes a lot of sense to have a Bauherr who can access these discounts on your behalf, as well as manage/monitor/organise all the tradesmen and works for you to get you the best prices. He will easily pay for himself on a 200m2 project. On top of that you have to pay the fitter. I can‘t find the bill right now (most of ours was marble), but think you can reckon on CHF 50/m2 for the fitting.

I‘ve no idea how many m2 of windows we have, but for our 160m2 apartment replacing them all with what I believe are high quality pvc ones, including a number of insect grills, 3 single doors and a 2m sliding door was c. CHF 30k

If you‘re going to do rewiring, I‘d expect you‘d need to take the plaster off the walls, so you need to budget for that. Rewiring, including in the garden plus smart home cost CHF 55k. Plastering and painting was CHF 26k.

Toilet is all down to what you want and the size. All in, assuming no major plumbing changes, I‘d say around CHF 10k.
The following 4 users would like to thank eyebeebe for this useful post: