View Single Post
Old 04.10.2020, 18:06
Forum Legend

Groaned at 458 Times in 351 Posts
Thanked 23,088 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Renovation cost estimation

Quote:
View Post
Your point about buying from abroad is valid, but a lot of the work the OP is asking for is labour intensive rather than materials intensive.

We bought our bathroom fittings from Germany and saved about 50% and bought our marble from Italy. The bank took invoices from both countries without question, as did the tax authorities. I didnt recommend that for the OPs toilet because frankly for something small Id rather buy Swiss via the plumber and keep him onside for the warranty. We had to sign away liability if things go wrong with the materials when we did our bathrooms, because the plumber didnt supply them himself.
I just replaced the flush & drain in 2 toilets that were installed with a new build 7 years ago. 100 euro for both, complete kits. I took 30 minutes to install the first one & 15 minutes for the second. Guarantees on such things are over rated.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: