View Single Post
Old 07.10.2020, 11:10

Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
CheshireCa has no particular reputation at present
Re: Split unit AC - Freienbach

Thank you for your replies.

The 16 degrees is especially for the bedroom.
I can try to manage with 18 degrees if push comes to shovel, though I prefer temperatures below that.
I am able, from experience, to use split ACs to generate a difference of over 20 degrees between inside and outside when necessary. This just requires strong ACs, and fitting each room with one. Top tier split units can go to 30000 btu and above, and I am willing to splurge on a few of those, though in this climate I think 2-3 15000 btu ones, or one 30000 btu unit, should suffice for a medium house.
Since I am aiming for a house, leakage of heat from neightboors shouldn't be a problem.

Portable ACs leak air from outside, which presents a problem both with allergy, and with decreased efficiency. I have tried these before.

Regarding canton approval - this is what I am really interested in: how does such approval work? What do I need to do? What can help me make a good case to them?

P.S. The mettalic covering is an interesting idea, thank you, I will probably do it regardless to minimise the need to use the AC when avoidable, though during the summer it will still be unavoidable I fear.