speedy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

Quote:
View Post
Dietikon (Kanton ZH), so far my timeline is as below:

- Feb2018 : sent my application to Gemeindeamt ZH
- May 2018: Gemeindeamt ZH sent my file to Gemeinde Dietikon
- End of June 2019: Received the invitation for interview at the Gemeinde
- End of July 2019: Had the interview- received the feedback that all is good right after the interview.
- Nov 2019: received the official letter from Gemeinde about the interview result together with an invoice of 1500 CHF and it is stated that my file has been sent to Gemeindeamt ZH.

In total 20 months passed so far, but anyways I hope that it speeds up a bit now.
To continue with my timeline:

- April 2020: received the letter from Kanton ZH that my file has been received, and it may take around 3 months until the related check is finalized. (I dont know what really happened between Nov19-April20.)
- End of June 2020: received the letter that Kanton ZH has granted the cantonal citizenship rights with the invoice for 500 CHF, and also received the invoice for 100 CHF from SEM.
- October 2020: got the letter that I am officially Swiss. I got my appointment at the Passbüro in Zürich for giving fingerprints &pass photo. it took 5 min for that process and now waiting for my passport &identity card to be delivered, I was told that this will happen within 1week-10days.

overall the process took 2 years 8 months in my case, much longer than I expected, but ok, it is over.
The following 6 users would like to thank speedy for this useful post: