View Single Post
Old 11.10.2020, 17:43

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dulwich has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
This menu point exists also in the Salt Router. RTFM? Read the f*** menu? GUI->Expert->parental control.

But it's something different from a "switch off" = complete shutdown, IMO no router offers such thing. As suggested above, you must use (external) timers for such thing.
Hi! Thank you. I know about the parental control option, but this way I can only switch off the internet for certain devices and the router would still be on...which is what I donít want during the night. I will explore the option with the external timer, I just thought there might be a cleverer solution. The router is in a very tight place and not sure I can fit a timer there.

Thanks anyways for the suggestions.

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

the simplest way would be to use a smart plug or a plug with a timer. The only problem is that everytime you reboot the router you potentially get a new ip address which can be a pain if you are using a smart dns service.

have fun
Martin
Thanks Martin - Iíll look into it

Quote:
View Post
If you can do it then it should be a setting within the router admin panel, unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to have Salt Fiber in my area

Instructions on how to access the admin settings are below.
Thanks a lot

Last edited by roegner; 11.10.2020 at 17:48. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
This user would like to thank Dulwich for this useful post: