View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 10:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 444 Times in 260 Posts
Thanked 2,734 Times in 1,244 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
I travel home to the UK to be with the Lovely Missus who lives there... and due to the 10 days quarantine I had to do in Switzerland on returning from France (brought in whilst we were there) I can't claim my usual weekly traveller exemption.

I have to come back for another 10 days in Switzerland because my permit needs renewing and I have to attend an appointment here.

And... I work here. Yes, I can and do work from home sometimes, but its no substitute for being in the office.

Unfortunately, this time the rules have caught me. That is the point.

Regards

Ian
How can you renew your permit and attend an appointment when you're doing quarantine?

Quote:
View Post
I was working at Roland Garros and its considered a cultural event where all precautions are taken so its part of the exeption list.

I agree with you but apparently we have to declare ourselves anyway and then we get an email asking for details. Please prove me wrong, i don't want to get stuck at home for 10 days!
I can't prove you wrong I'm afraid, all I can say is that is that it's up to you if you register or not, and that it's highly unlikely you'll be found out if you don't register.

This is my main problem with the quarantine regulation, it's not where one goes that effects whether one will spread the virus, rather how one behaves. It's prudent to be careful when returning from a risk area however it's nonsensical to be placed under house arrest.

Registering your arrival is tantamount to self-incrimination in my opinion. Sure work from home for 10 days, avoid contact with others, but why should you by fined anything up to 10,000 chf for going out for a walk?!
This user would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post: