View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 10:27
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,181 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax implications for 250k salary

Quote:
View Post
Well, wikipedia puts the average cost of the compulsory health plan at 396CHF/month (in 2014). This seems in line with various online searches I did. So for two people that's 396 * 12 months * 2 = 9.5k. Do you disagree with this figure? My 12k estimate comes from being a bit conservative and choosing a 500CHF/month plan, but in the overall scheme of things, this bump won't move the needle.

I thought about Zug, but I'm not very keen on a long commute, at least at first (I do this now). Part of the allure of moving to Switzerland is the increase in quality of life, and I don't think spending 1-2 hours traveling each day is worth it to me. Btw, I have a EU passport - why does it matter when choosing where to live? Is it difficult for non-EU to live and work in different cantons?
To put it in perspective we pay about 240 CHF a month insurance each.
This user would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: