View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 10:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 2,388 Times in 843 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax implications for 250k salary

I think you're about right for canton Zurich. We have low deductible health insurance and pay about 800/month for the required(2 people). Yes, I know I could find something less expensive but I like the service.

If you are young and healthy and don't take a lot of prescription meds, a higher deductible will save your monthly cost, but if you need health care you'll pay the Deductible before getting reimbursed. It's a wash generally, but if you tend not to need health care, then go with the high deductible. you're looking at maybe 100/month less per person. but that's for the required insurance. There's also supplemental, which is a whole other thing.

US citizens don't benefit from low tax cantons since they pay US as well as Swiss taxes. You don't have this nonsense as an EU citizen.

If you're going to walk or just take the tram to work, you'll save on commuting costs and times. I don't like long commutes either.

We live in Winterthur, so I can't tell you about Zurich rents and views.
This user would like to thank ennui for this useful post: