View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 12:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 171 Times in 137 Posts
Thanked 1,661 Times in 817 Posts
JackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pre COVID Life - What do you miss?

So sorry to hear Meloncollie. Yes, I have several friends who have very sick parents and friends abroad (not from Covid) and just cannot go and see them- and actually don't know if they will ever see them again. Others who have not been able to attend funerals, or see new born grandchildren.

For me, Covid and Brexit are turning our lives upside down and it is very unsettling. Thank goodness, no serious illness (after a big scare 3 years ago)- but what I miss is 'freedom' to roam. When we moved here- it was just 'down the road' from the UK - 1 day by car or train- or a short flight and car rental. NO borders, NO restrictions. It didn't feel as though we were moving abroad at all - not much further than if we moved to Scotland. Suddenly, it feels as if we could be on the other side of the moon- very unsettling indeed- and desperate to see grandchildren growing up fast, and soon a foster grandchild we will not get to know.

As Belgianmum says- before we could just say hey, let's jump in the car and go - to France, to Italy - and mainly to UK where we have all our family and a second home too (which has been standing empty since last November!).
The following 6 users would like to thank JackieH for this useful post: