View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 12:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,178 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax implications for 250k salary

Quote:
View Post
A few further thoughts...

The minimum contribution to pillar 2 is set out by law and is age dependent. The employer must pay at least 50% of the contribution. You should be able to google for the numbers. If you are working for an international company, I would expect the contributions from the employer (and potentially your contributions too) to be higher than the minimum.

You need to consider the benefits package in total vs what you get now. As mentioned the representation allowance, car allowance, time off, training, sick leave, discounts etc

You mention health insurance for two people. Are you married? Will your spouse/partner work? If you are married and spouse doesn’t work your tax will go down. If you are married and both work, your combined income will be treated as a single one and you will be taxed at that rate together ie your tax will go up. If you are not married, you will be treated separately, so no deduction if not working, no premium if working.
I've always been confused by this. My employer lets me pay only 1.5% - which seems very low. Is there anywhere which explains the minimum contribution?