View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 17:05
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 84 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,348 Times in 8,201 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

Quote:
View Post
To update, at this point both my wife and I were rejected from the C and given a B until the end of her next EPFL extension.

I am fighting the decision because I could have been put into the quota system years ago through my employer, highly specialized, highly trained, exactly in my field, willing to apply for my permit etc, but I guess SPOP thought it was easier at the time to just give me a family regroupement permit because my wife (who moved to Switzerland a year after me) was still doing a PhD and they could give me a work permit without a quota. Now I am being punished for that decision because even if I had been given my own L at the time I would be eligible for a C after my more than two years on a permanent contract.
Did you and your wife have separate, independent permits the first few years here, i.e. you on your own post-doc (student) permit and her on her own PhD (student) permit? And it was only after you wanted to work for the startup that they switched you to being a dependent?