View Single Post
Old 13.10.2020, 22:49
qwertz qwertz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Zurigo
Posts: 294
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 200 Times in 115 Posts
qwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeable
Re: Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

View Post
To update, at this point both my wife and I were rejected from the C and given a B until the end of her next EPFL extension.

I am fighting the decision because I could have been put into the quota system years ago through my employer, highly specialized, highly trained, exactly in my field, willing to apply for my permit etc, but I guess SPOP thought it was easier at the time to just give me a family regroupement permit because my wife (who moved to Switzerland a year after me) was still doing a PhD and they could give me a work permit without a quota. Now I am being punished for that decision because even if I had been given my own L at the time I would be eligible for a C after my more than two years on a permanent contract.
Sorry but did your employer apply for a work permit on your behalf at the time? Or did you ask them to? Even if they had, the application would still have had to go through cantonal and federal approvals with no guarantee of success.

I am having a hard time understanding under what legal grounds you are contesting SPOP as nobody has a right to a C permit, even less if the conditions are not met: temporary study stays do not count for C permit.
Reply With Quote