View Single Post
Old 14.10.2020, 23:46

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
yarpen has earned some respectyarpen has earned some respect
Re: UK qualified Pharmacist Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Thank you Yarpen,

I had no idea that I could go through a local agency to find a job abroad. I will look into it.

Do you know how she finds working there ? Is it similar to the polish system ?
You're welcome :-)

I'm not sure if there's such agency in your current country of residence or in France. It might be specific to Poland, since we have a significant number of medical professionals looking for employment abroad due to much better working conditions. Yes, there are differences when compared to her previous work in a Polish pharmacy, but again, this might be caused by deficiences of our system. There are no vaccinations there, and the concept of pharmaceutical care doesn't exist yet.

I agree here with doropfiz: I can't tell you if our case is a rule or exception. I hope that it goes swiftly for you, but job interviews can take time. Furthermore, my wife was looking in the vicinity of Zürich and there are multiple job openings here all the time.

The process of direct diploma recognition is very clearly described on MEBEKO website, they even enumerate all documents you need and explain clearly each requirement - see the first PDF below (website is available in French as well). Swiss authorities recognize and authorize degrees awarded according to EU directive 2005/36/EC. I can't give you a guarantee, but I think that you should have no problems as long as your UK degree fulfills that requirement (which should be the case, right?). The process costed us 800 CHF. I wouldn't wait with it if I were you, since I have no idea what's going to happen next year - I guess that MEBEKO bureaucrats don't know either :-)

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/de/home...g-diplome.html
This user would like to thank yarpen for this useful post: