View Single Post
Old 17.10.2020, 16:35
FlyingSunny FlyingSunny is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Crissier
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
FlyingSunny has no particular reputation at present
Non EU spouse on a B permit working in another canton

Maybe I have read too many postings on the topic here. I seem to have gotten conflicting answers - probably due to lack of my familiarity to this topic. I recently got my renewed permit B from Vaud (my husband is the primary permit holder working in Vaud and we are US citizens currently living in Vaud).

1. I know I am allowed to work in Vaud. During my job search, I have seen some job ads that might be suitable for me in Geneva. Am I allowed to work in another canton with my current non-EU family reunification B permit (while living in Vaud)?

2. Per the law (, we can move to another canton for residence. How hard is it in practice?

We are thinking of moving to Geneva if I end up working in Geneva. We have only one chance per year to move out (to notify the landlord by the end of November and physically move out in the end of March each year - we think considering finding tenants to replace us would be challenging for us) per the lease. I did read one posting about Geneva and Vaud - there is no love lost btw these two cantons, which I hope does not make our case harder.

Art. 37 Change of the place of residence to another canton
1 Persons with a short stay permit or a residence permit who would like to relocate their place of residence to another canton must apply for the appropriate permit from the new canton beforehand.
2 Persons with a residence permit are entitled to move to another canton provided they are not unemployed and there are no grounds for revocation in terms of Article 62 paragraph 1.
Reply With Quote