View Single Post
Old 18.10.2020, 13:11
Forum Legend

Groaned at 93 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 18,727 Times in 8,306 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switching from A1 to A - bike requirements for Grundkurs?

Art. 19 Abs. 2 VZV clearly states Applicants for the category A driver's license may not complete the practical basic training with vehicles of subcategory A1. This will not be changed 1.1.2021.

A means either full A or A restricted to 35 kW. (Note "A2" is and will not be used in Switzerland it is A (35 kW) )

Quote:
View Post
Btw, do I understand correct, that after Jan 1st 2021, in order to upgrade from A1 to A2(35kw limited), you will need to take full 3x4h courses?
This is a bit unclear from reading the new regulations. Fortunately, the federal office in charge, the ASTRA has published a directive on this
particular issue. If you did the A1 Grundkurs before 1.1.2021 you only have to do part 3 of the new Grundkurs. If I am not mistaken this takes around 4 hours.