View Single Post
Old 19.10.2020, 17:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
gipfelisturmer has earned the respect of manygipfelisturmer has earned the respect of manygipfelisturmer has earned the respect of many
Re: Pillar 3a - Funds and shares supermarket

Quote:
View Post
There was an article about pension funds in yesterday Sonntag Zeitung. It suggests that Pillar 3 is crap unless we are within 10 years of retirement. We should invest in the markets instead.

After reading it, I also felt that the super conservative pension regulations in Switzerland exists just so that banks and other providers of investment funds as alternative to the 3a can thrive.
What exactly have they compared against?

Of course if they chose the idiotic active funds by banks (at 2.5% and underperforming the market) that it's a robbery.
With these new solutions you can get much closer to a good diversification (especially paired with your investments outside of the 3rd pillar), and then add the tax-free (or deferred to be precise) dividends, tax refund per year, and remove the still-slightly-too-high maintenance fees.
And you are not too far off from investing outside.

I wouldn't call it crap, it's a close call at worst, but depending on your current income tax rate I'd say.

Last edited by gipfelisturmer; 19.10.2020 at 17:39.
This user would like to thank gipfelisturmer for this useful post: