View Single Post
Old 20.10.2020, 00:10

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trixe has no particular reputation at present
Re: Sunrise Mobile internet unlimited cancellation

Quote:
View Post
The internet stability was awful (I live near Baden, and it just kept cutting out) and very quickly, I just stopped using it.

I told Sunrise how dreadful the reliability was, and asked if i could cancel that (19 CHF/month) contract and sign up for a 40 CHF/month home internet contract instead ? After all, they'd be getting twice as much money out of me.

Their reply... no. You'd need to pay 400+ CHF to buy your way out of the 24-month contract.

They did, several months later, finally agree to cancel my contract
Same scenario with me.

Back in February when I arrived in CH, had to rent an AirBnB (with very poor internet connection) while looking for a more permanent residence.
I went with a mobile 4G router offer from Sunrise. It was 19CHF and didn't pay attention to the 24 months clause.

Sadly, internet via 4G is atrocious.

I found myself a permanent apartment since september. I signed up for a DSL connection, I went to a Sunrise shop and showed them screenshots of my speed with the 4G router, I keep calling tech support and for almost a month now, they keep stalling with my request to cancel the contract.

My question here is, how did you manage to convince them to cancel without paying the 400+ CHF fee? Did you request speaking with a manager or superior?