View Single Post
Old 21.10.2020, 13:34
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 361 Times in 248 Posts
Thanked 19,334 Times in 10,093 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Quote:
View Post
Some of the stuff you guys said sounds very nice but still does not change the facts. How is love left behind? Whoever you leave behind in charge of your love will die too. I want to be there to see them enjoy the love even after the ship sinks

Parenthood never interested me neither did money and material possessions

Yes but those kids will be gone too. I have plenty of fulfilment in life so it is not about that.
It is not about a feeling of achievement, then what is it about? Spirituality? Illusion of freedom? Do you need a strugle in life to conquer so you'd find your life meaningful? Some existential friction?

I enjoy a good philo exchange...but in the West I feel as if abundance killed a good part of common sense. In the East I feel as if the strugle was over-glorified.

I guess it boils down to sense of inaproppriacy and a good portion of humor. In other words a definition of being up-beat.