View Single Post
Old 21.10.2020, 14:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 250 Times in 176 Posts
Thanked 8,999 Times in 3,401 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but that is of minor interest to me just like life before I was born did not interest me Your cartoon made me smile though

Egyptians Pharaohs build such magnificent structures (I mean their slaves), people still visit and enjoy them but where are they now?

Ramses-II (Warning- Mummy ahead)
Well, I think you need to take a less self-centered perspective -- one that isn't limited to your own lifetime or your own experience. As an example, just think about the effect that Edward Jenner had on the future. He developed the first vaccine and is responsible for setting the study of vaccines in motion.

It's true that the universe doesn't care if we live or die (the universe is not conscious), but I guess that's one of the beautiful things about our own consciousness... It gives us the ability to find or create meaning in our own existence.