View Single Post
Old 21.10.2020, 14:28
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 361 Times in 248 Posts
Thanked 19,311 Times in 10,080 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Quote:
View Post
It can be about anything you want it to be, for example I find my life very meaningful but ultimately it is meaningless, if that makes any sense

I saw an old man walking today, his legs were like two curved bananas and his body had shrunk down to 4 feet. He was holding on to two walking sticks and moving 10 times slower than a tortoise. He was like a walking corpse and that really made me sad. I said good morning to him but his hearing was shot too. I just felt like I was looking at myself few years down the road
He seemed certain way to you but it doesn't mean he wants or needs pity or sympathy or you mocking his aging body. Old age is so imperfect when judged by the youth but isn't it really perfect, there is such rich context and inventory of perspectives? He didn't expect you to greet him maybe, or wave at him next time? Life is multifaceted, why only appreciate it when things seem to be good..

Life is better or more meaningful when shared with the right person, I think. In advanced age, too. I am not advertizing Tinder here, btw.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein