View Single Post
Old 21.10.2020, 15:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,876 Times in 886 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Normal Naturalisation - applicant diary

April 2019: Gathered all documents, cost around 250chf
5.May 2019: Sent all papers to Kt. ZH
July 2019: received letter requesting additional document (son on application)
August 2019: Letter from Kt.ZH saying dossier sent the Gemeinde
September 2019: Letter from Gemeinde requesting one original language certificate.
October 2019: Letter stating knowledge test is prerequisite for interview and they had enrolled me for the exam. Bill for 180chf paid and learning guides /sample test received.
13 December 2019: Knowledge test completed under exam conditions
27 December 2019: Letter stating test passed (92/100), invite to be sent re town interview
13 August 2020:Letter received informing me that, due to COVID, the town to decide based on the documents/application alone.
08 September 2020: Informed that town will grant me "Gemeindebürgerrecht" (30 days after publication), bill for 500chf
21 October 2020: Confirmation from Kt. ZH that they have received my application back from the Gemeinde and processing could take a while. As others have mentioned, the letter explicitly permits moving within CH.
The following 6 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post: