View Single Post
Old 22.10.2020, 08:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,899 Times in 723 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Quote:
View Post
I would say it is a sailing trip, it can be stormy and you can have periods becalmed, but on the whole it's fun.
Size of the boat plays a part too, small boat = more choppiness

I have been told that 250k salary smooths out the choppy sea, 120k makes the sea bearable, anything lower and sharks are constantly biting at your feet
Quote:
I fully intend to jump overboard before my mind sinks.
A much older friend of mine did that. They wanted me to be there on the final day but I could not face it. I also did not want to be near my friend's selfish kids and their crocodile tears. No point overthinking now but maybe I should have been there.

I met my friend the evening before for the final time, it was very sad and strange but very refreshing to see someone leave on their own terms. My friend could easily have lived another 15 years, but they just had enough of this world. Their logical conclusion was that life was not going to improve so better to go on a semi high.