View Single Post
Old 22.10.2020, 10:45
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 27 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,379 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Quote:
View Post
Size of the boat plays a part too, small boat = more choppiness

I have been told that 250k salary smooths out the choppy sea, 120k makes the sea bearable, anything lower and sharks are constantly biting at your feet
A much older friend of mine did that. They wanted me to be there on the final day but I could not face it. I also did not want to be near my friend's selfish kids and their crocodile tears. No point overthinking now but maybe I should have been there.

I met my friend the evening before for the final time, it was very sad and strange but very refreshing to see someone leave on their own terms. My friend could easily have lived another 15 years, but they just had enough of this world. Their logical conclusion was that life was not going to improve so better to go on a semi high.
Life's not going to improve so better go on a semi high........that's a curious standard to take a decision. I'd say it's the starting point, the logical conclusion is to kill oneself.

What if we apply the standard to other situations? My business is going well, better leave now, later it may go bankrupt. Marriage is happy, better kill myself now before the relationship goes awry. My (future) children are happy and healthy, better exit now before one of them has a tragic experience. The sea is calm, the sun is shinning, better jump overboard before the ship is caught by a storm. I don't know, cannot say what it lacks, but something is missing.