View Single Post
Old 22.10.2020, 12:18
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,899 Times in 723 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Axa, my friend's life was not going to get better, and they did not go when they were perfect or on a high, which is why I said semi-high. They were on a downward painful, health related spiral. Most people could have dragged it out for another 10-15 years with bad quality of life. My friend did not want to do that.

Quote:
My business is going well, better leave now, later it may go bankrupt.
If there are clear signs that it will go bankrupt and not much can be done to reverse it then yea why not get rid of the business? I am not going through each of your other examples, but you get the idea.

Yes, logically speaking dying today or tomorrow is kind of the same. The extra time that you gained won't exist after your death, you won't exist so those moments and feelings are meaningless. They are meaningful to the people who are left behind, but then they will be gone too Which brings us back to the start of this thread