View Single Post
Old 22.10.2020, 12:39
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,170 Times in 10,003 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is life ultimately a sinking ship?

Quote:
View Post
Well I have plenty of joy in my life, some might say bit too much joy So it is not directly about me but maybe my dark view of the world
Hmmmm...There is dark and dark.

There is realism and kind of positivist nature in all of us, to record stuff without attitude. Even when it's bleak.

Then there is pesimism in all of us, i.e. tough experiences warning us and putting us in a defence mode. Pretty handy, if you ask me. Sceptics see the reality more truthfully.

Then there is general malaise over how detrimental humans turned to be for our ecosystem. We should think about it coz of the young ones and because we can affect it relatively easily.

And then there are dark moments coz all there is is just your own mind and nobody else to smile at you, maybe you need to change it.

And - dreams you had that didn't work out. Also quite easy to turn around. You are somebody you don't want to be. Start thinking like the person you want to become.

There.

Or get really busy to not have time for this. Single parenting gets to do that Volunteering is a great way to feel like we make a difference.

So. No, no sinking ship. It gets better?

What are the joys? Glad for you!

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein