View Single Post
Old 23.10.2020, 16:39
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 348 Times in 240 Posts
Thanked 18,865 Times in 9,831 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Death in my friends family - do europeans send flowers or???

Quote:
View Post
Funeral Flowers and Wreaths

The type of arrangement you send depends on how close you were to the one who passed away and your budget. Typical floral arrangements include a bouquet, a wreath or single flowers. The most common flowers for Czech funerals are calla lilies, roses, carnations and chrysanthemums. Flower colors will depend on the season and what’s available. The only rule is that a bouquet (I’m not sure if this applies to wreaths) must have an even number of flowers. This rule is strictly applied by Czechs.
This is true. I gave somebody flowers once in a number of their birthdaty, a baaad idea!

But if OP wants to send a bouquet, now it is not a good moment in CZ, rampant infections and unreliable delivery. If it is here, it's ok. But most folks I know would appreciate a card and a box of chocolates.

And let us know how it went, OP.

Last edited by MusicChick; 23.10.2020 at 20:18.