View Single Post
Old 23.10.2020, 22:04

Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
CheshireCa has no particular reputation at present
Re: If you rent two homes, where do you pay tax?

Quote:
View Post
It is a case of common sense too- and sze does matter too. If you have a studio in low tax Kanton, and a 5 bed, 3 bath in a higher one- and say you live in studio and only use the mansion for holidays, it would raise suspicions. This is a trick many who work in the Geneva region have been doing for a while- and the French Communes are not checking utilities like water and electricity/gas use. Our Gemeinde rules state that they utility providers have to give this information if requested by authorities.
I see. So if my use of utilities in location B is significantly lower than it was in location A (which is likely) then it won't be considered a genuine move.
Glad to hear that this was tested in Geneva, that means I can check precedence to see if and when this is considered legitimate by the tax authorities.

OK. What about house ownership? Does it make a difference? If I own a 1-2 bedroom place in location B, and rent a 4-5 bedroom place in A on an annual contract?

Again, it is important for me to see if I can genuinely make it work, while declaring to the tax authorities what I do. So I do not worry about requirements of disclosure because if they ask me where I use more electricity I will tell them.
I only condone truth based tax planning, not tax evasion.