View Single Post
Old 24.10.2020, 13:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,368 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Gift ideas for pregnant teacher (and okay to give?)

One of my son's teachers is pregnant and will be having the baby in a few weeks. I really, really like her and would like to get a gift for her -- both as a baby gift and as a "goodbye" present since she will be leaving soon and not returning to teaching for a while.

My questions are:

1. Do you think it would be okay for my son to bring her a gift, considering the virus situation and that pregnant women are more at risk? I know that the kids are not supposed to bring in treats to share for birthdays, etc. and that the teachers have been behind plexiglass. Also,

2. If giving a gift is considered okay, does anyone have any gift ideas? I was thinking of getting her one of those baby soothing machines that make lullaby noises and shine a gentle light (e.g stars onto the ceiling). Or one of those stuffed animal-type things that do the same. Our son really seemed to like his when he was a baby.
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: