View Single Post
Old 24.10.2020, 19:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,512 Times in 7,461 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gift ideas for pregnant teacher (and okay to give?)

Quote:
View Post
Thanks. There is some kind of committee but I haven't heard anything from it about organizing a gift for her. Though I do know that the kids are doing something for her, in class -- making her something.

I was just thinking about it a bit more and realized that us giving a gift to her is probably a stupid thing to even consider... because of the virus. I guess it's just that "gift-giving" instinct in me kicking in. But I should use more common sense. I wouldn't want to inadvertently give her the virus by giving her a baby gift.

I wish I knew how SHE felt about it, but then of course that would ruin any kind of surprise.
One of my child's teachers has moved to another school in a different canton and our thank you-good bye gift was a big basket with all sort of (edible) goodies, it was up to everyone to choose something to give and we made it from everyone's part. The "committee" has decided so I don't think it's a stupid thing to consider, neither corona times nor any other time.
I've always given a small something at the end of a course, I don't know if they expected it or not or whatever, but they seemed touched by the gesture. I might have spoiled the Swiss.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: