View Single Post
Old 24.10.2020, 21:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,760 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Death in my friends family - do europeans send flowers or???

Quote:
View Post
must be local, as I have never ever known anyone sending money- or flowers. The 'Faire part' in the newspaper usually gives instructions re donations- often to a Charity- and flowers are only provided by the family or close friends and local societies the deceased belonged to. There is also often donations to the Church holding the service (if held in Church) or a box for a local charity. Normal to send a card with a short note or letter.
It's not the norm in the frech-speaking area either... in over forty years I've been to more funerals than I care to remember and not once was cash an expected 'gift'.

A card yes, flowers if I know the family has asked for them, and of course a donation to charity if the funeral notification specifies that the family has requested this instead of flowers.
This user would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: