View Single Post
Old 25.10.2020, 15:20

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
AnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moving to Denmark: anybody moving the other way :) ?

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for your message too

I highly doubt I have (or had) celiac disease. I might be gluten intolerant or also only slightly intolerant. If I was celiac I would have died back in my university days, surviving on pasta and pizza.
That's not to say that it was easily digested or even well digested. As soon as I stopped gluten, stools became "better" (for lack of a better term ) and I didn't have to use one roll of toilet paper to clean (and when eating gluten I would regularly bleed, even though only slightly).

When I was a kid I also regularly ate white pasta. Recently when visiting my mom I also ate white pasta (now that I have these problems): no huge reaction, just some bloating and flatulence, but not even this stabbing sensation I have with oils. I also had brown pasta and bread in the past (although not regularly) and didn't have any huge reaction either.

I don't see a point introducing gluten in my diet since anyway it seems to create *some* issues.

I am currently finding oats to be the perfect balance between minerals, protein and fiber. Potatoes would be great too but they cause some issues at the moment. I guess I'm stuck with grains (oats & rice) for the moment .
You should have a colonoscopy and a gastroscope honestly. Precisely many celiacs do quite well on high gluten for a long time. I ate bread products like you wouldn’t believe. But anyway, that’s your call and hopefully you can be followed by excellent doctors in Denmark.
This user would like to thank AnnaSophiaA for this useful post: