View Single Post
Old 25.10.2020, 17:06
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,367 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gift ideas for pregnant teacher (and okay to give?)

Quote:
View Post
New parents need money, or gift vouchers so they can choose their own car seat, pushchair, toys - or even just to get over the shock of how many nappies wet wipes and baby formula (controversial) that they'll need.

Alternatively, as everyone else will be wondering what to buy baby, you can think about something uniquely for mum, who probably deserves a bit of attention too.
Quote:
View Post
Pancakes, I like your initial idea of the toy with the soft music and ceiling light. My son loved his too.
Also like HIAO’s idea of the gift certificate as so many young parents do struggle financially. A nice contribution towards something they might need for the baby would surely be welcome.

Regardless of your choice, surely the young mom will be touched by your thoughtfulness. 🌸
Thanks.

That is a good idea -- a gift certificate. I remember when our son was born, we had sooo many things to buy. It was a bit overwhelming. And of course, gift certificates are the kind of gift that everyone likes.