View Single Post
Old 26.10.2020, 19:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,577 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car tyre load index?

Quote:
View Post
The gross weight or Gesamtgewicht of my car is 2385kg as written in my car papers. The tires I got have load index:
- front 94V (max 670kg per tyre)
- back 96V (max 710kg per tyre)

Doing the math these tyres support up to 2760kg, and almost 400kg more than the gross car weight; which should be enough to accommodate for 4 passengers and luggage.

I called a garage and they said it wasn’t right, that I needed 98V front and 100V back. Then I called the technical branch of the strassenverkersamt and they confirmed it was OK.
As you checked with the StVA/SAN, and I assumed you stated No. 18 Stammnummer or No. 24 TG-Number, it is what is stated in the cars CoC and is what the manufacturer has considered as good enough.

Quote:
View Post
You don't normally need to do this calculation, it should be on the tyre information label on the car (often on the driver side pillar when you open the door). Or maybe in the car manual.
Here a little exercise for you: Try to find this information for your car. Have fun if it is not US import.

The information is normally only found on the cars CoC. In EU countries it is often also mentioned on the cars registration paper. In Switzerland unfortunatly not. If you do not find you can get an extract from the Swiss type apporval database TRAGA which is available from your local garage, tire dealer or StVA/SAN. See example here: https://www.targatyre.ch/
On Hiatus- Normal operation will resume 22.02.2022 22:02:20.22
The following 3 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: