View Single Post
Old 27.10.2020, 23:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 18,515 Times in 7,557 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Naturalisation - Change of address and knowledge test

Quote:
View Post
Hello

I will soon be applying for citizenship.

First:
In the form Erklärung zum Einbürgerungsgesuch, I saw that a local secondary school/university etc... diploma could be a proof (and therefore would allow me to skip the interview) but I have heard otherwise. Can my Master help me skip the interview part ?

2nd question:
I have seen that the process could last up to 7 years... during which you should not move. Do you know of procedures that really fail because of that ? I'm already living between 2 cantons because of a new job and I'm expecting the situation to change again (and would also like to move with my partner).

Thank you
I think perhaps you should learn a little German. You have grossly misunderstood the requirements.

There's no skipping the interview.
If you have completed a Swiss education (a certain number of years) you are exempt from getting a B1 certificate (or whatever the cantonal standards are) in the local language.
The Federal government has set the minimum requirements. Cantons can make these more stringent. As can each Gemeinde. In my community, three years is required before applying and they expect you to stay resident for five years after being granted citizenship.
The following 2 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post: