View Single Post
Old 28.10.2020, 12:38

Groaned at 69 Times in 32 Posts
Mr.Maquiavelo has made some interesting contributions
Re: Car tyre load index?

Thank you all for the thoughtful and helpful comments. Indeed I have a 530d xdrive G30 limousine (or coupe).

My current summer tyres are:
- 245/40 R19 98Y front (extra load) Pirelli

- 275/35 R19 100Y back (extra load) Pirelli

I'm attempting to mount for Winter (got them second hand with profile of almost 7mm for 270.-CHF they look new):
- 245/40 R19 94V front Pirelli sottozero 3

- 275/35 R19 96V back Pirelli sottozero 3

To check for validity I did the following:

• I called technischer verkehrsamt zürich 0588113228 and they checked my car data and confirmed it was OK
  • I checked on the door side and the minimum load index is indeed listed 94 or 96 BUT for different tyre sizes .. so I assume it's ok.
  • I called Binelli AG and they were confused and didn't know which tyre load index spec is the minimum, they said it was safer to put the highest and most expensive one ... how surprising.
  • I then contacted BMW directly, and they confirmed that for my car given the series, plate number and VIN serial number "the 94V and 96V are approved".
  • reifendirekt.ch doesn't list these indexes as available for my model but other online tyre sellers do.
  • pneuexperten.ch lists V94 for front and V96 for back see here https://www.pneuexperte.ch/de/TyreVe...eSeason=winter
I also find sellers in Canada / UK listing 94 and 96 as valid load indexes for my car ... so that's all the research
The following 3 users would like to thank Mr.Maquiavelo for this useful post: