View Single Post
Old 28.10.2020, 14:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 161 Posts
Thanked 7,035 Times in 3,141 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The choice in 2016 was pretty unappealing both ways.

Leave: A leap into the unknown with a near certainty of short term economic damage.

Remain: Stay part of the sinking ship that is Europe. Accept very limited democracy.

Don't presume that all leave voters thought it would be easy. From my observations that is not at all true. I voted with the hope that we become part of the US ecosystem (remember this was before Trump's election). If you have a long horizon, then getting out of Europe makes that much more sense. It is demographically in a bad place and is a high tax, low growth environment. Really unappealing. We have language and culture in common with the US. It is and will continue to be a place with significantly stronger growth than Europe.

So you knowingly voted to become sub-servant to the US....

I don't believe for a minute that people in the UK are serious about democracy. Because if they were they'd be outraged by things like the the Queens Prerogative, the fact that people are not sovereign etc....
The following 3 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post: