Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 28.10.2020, 14:23

Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
NewInTownForever has no particular reputation at present
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
They touch a million things and are unmasked! I stay well clear of those little critters

Btw, I read the Lancet link you posted regarding China, and I am still not clear on how China is controlling the numbers so well. That Lancet article seems like an info commercial for China

I find it hard to believe that a country of billion plus has hardly any new cases, specially as herd immunity apparently is not working that well against Corona.

One of the biggest things I learned from this crisis is how the west sold out their manufacturing base to China. Can't even buy non-Chinese masks!!!
The Chinese government tests everybody for free if needed, not only symptomatic cases. This is how you stop a pandemic, not by trying to save every single miserable penny. In Kashgar they tested almost 5 million people in a few days...

It's basically the opposite of Switzerland, where I bet if the government would pay for free tests for everybody, you'd have then some so-called 'libertarian' protesting that they are using 'their' taxpayer money irresponsibly (they'd let people die on the street to keep their ideological totem of the debt/GDP ratio low).