View Single Post
Old 28.10.2020, 14:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,400 Times in 1,171 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
So you knowingly voted to become sub-servant to the US....

I don't believe for a minute that people in the UK are serious about democracy. Because if they were they'd be outraged by things like the the Queens Prerogative, the fact that people are not sovereign etc....
I'm sure you would agree that the UK has to be "sub-servant" (a bit of an emotional term for me) to someone. I don't imagine Biden, despite his comments about NI would miss the opportunity of enhancing the reach of US power. Its in our interest to be tied to the stronger power - the US not the declining old world EU.

Realistically with NI's demographics reunification will happen sometime this century - hopefully with a degree of autonomy somehow for the unionist community. There's no truck in fighting over it. Agree to what Ireland and the US are asking for.

As regards the Queen - I'd vote for a republic all day long.