View Single Post
Old 28.10.2020, 19:55
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 82 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 1,777 Times in 848 Posts
BasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travel to Canary Islands still requires quarantine on return?

Quote:
View Post
Interesting - perhaps not everyone sees this crisis in the same way as you?
If we'd all carried on working, getting on with life, crying for those who died, burying them and carrying on like people did before the age of Twitter and generalised hysteria, then it would be nearly over now. About 0.5% of the population would have died, nearly all over 75, and hardly anyone would have lost their job or would be threatened with it. (or worse, in poorer countries)
I take it you're not a Swede, neither am I, but this last 10 months I've often wished I was. Death is part of life and cannot be banned, the attempts to do so are doing more damage than the virus. IMO keeping the economic wheels spinning is really important.
Yep, a valid viewpoint, but not one followed by the Swiss government. When you know that the path chosen by the government means more infections (harmful or not) will lead to lockdown, economic damage, job losses, is it really the smart thing to go on airplane holiday ?